Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Two New Parks

Memorial Day weekend was wonderful for our family. I had the chance to take my parents to two parks I'd never been to myself.

On Saturday we went to Keystone State Park out past Murrysville and saw an Osprey plunge into the lake to catch a fish. That was so cool. The kids had the chance to play in the "beach" for just a few minutes and thoroughly enjoyed it. I left questioning our use of the word "beach" here in PA. I think we use that term pretty loosely. Do you?

On Monday we went to Moraine State Park and saw all kinds of birds and waterfowl. That place is huge and we were all amazed at how big parks are here in PA when compared with the parks in MO where we are from. Simply put - we didn't have real parks there.

What did you do for the holiday weekend?

No comments: