Friday, May 28, 2010

Make A Decision!

I have to share an email I received this week. Has God ever emailed you? I got an email from God this week. Well, to be precise, it was from Monday Morning Insight blogger Todd Rhoades but it seemed more like the Lord was writing to me than him. Anyway, it was a bit strange for me. It’s interesting that since I'm going to be talking about the work of the Holy Spirit in this Sunday's message I have had a greater awareness of His presence as I've been preparing.

For the past few weeks I’ve been wrestling with some ministry decisions at RCC. I desperately want the Lord’s will but it’s been somewhat of a struggle to discern the wise choice. On Sunday afternoon as we were driving home I shared with Amie how frustrated I am that it’s taking so long to make the decisions. If you know me very well at all, you know I’m a pretty decisive guy. So Monday morning I come into the office and this email is in my inbox …

Subject Line: Would You Just Make a Stinkin' Decision Already?

[Seth Godin writes] … It doesn't have to be a wise decision or a perfect one. Just make one.

In fact, make several. Make more decisions could be your three word mantra.

No decision is a decision as well, the decision not to decide. Not deciding is usually the wrong decision. If you are the go-to person, the one who can decide, you'll make more of a difference. It doesn't matter so much that you're right, it matters that you decided.

Of course it's risky and painful. That's why it's a rare and valuable skill.

Seriously, Pastor. Make a decision. Don't be stupid, but do make a decision. Stop your teetering. Pick a side. Be decisive.

Seriously, Church Leader. Make a call. The facts will never ALL be in. The situation will never be perfect to make the perfect decision.

And most decisions have some inherent risk involved. That's ok. Risk is a good thing.
So... you've got five minutes. Just make the decision.

And you know exactly which decision I'm talking about. The one that's been dogging you for days, even weeks or months. Should I do this, or should I do that?

Most decisions do not take weeks or months.

If you need to … start out slow. Small decision. Any decision. Just make one.


Well, I'm happy to say my decision has been made and I'm at peace with it! Hope you'll have courage to make a decision in your life too.

No comments: