Friday, October 22, 2010

Five Conversations I Hope I Never Have With You - Part 5

One final chat I have with others on a frequent basis is, “You have been asking the wrong questions.”

Typically we ask ourselves questions like these: "Will this make me happy?", "Can I afford this?", "How close to the moral/ethical line can I get without crossing it?", etc.

But those really aren't the kinds of questions that will lead us to the destinations we truly want to get to in life.

So the principle in this conversation is: learn the art of asking questions.

Here are the questions I find myself wrestling with every day that benefit me the most ...


1. Am I Being Completely Honest With Myself?
  • Why am I doing this, really? ... If someone in my circumstances came to me for advice, what course of action would I recommend?

2. What Story Do I Want To Tell?

  • God’s will for your life will always line up with His law, His principles, and His wisdom.

3. Is There A Tension That Needs My Attention?

  • When you’re making a decision and one of the options raises a little bit of tension, PAUSE and allow it to get as big as possible before you make the decision.

4. What Would Be Most Honoring To God?

5. In light of my past experiences, my current circumstances, and my future hopes and dreams, what is the wise thing for ME to do?

  • This applies to my use of time, my morality & how I handle my finances.

No comments: