Friday, July 24, 2009

The Principle Of The Path - Part 1

Here are the big thoughts from recent reading ...

Recognizing the distinction between a solution and a path is the first step in understanding the Principle of the Path.

Direction - not intention - determines our destination.

The Great Disconnect - people don't connect the dots between the choices they make and the outcomes they experience. They've come to believe the popular notion that as long as thier intentions are good, as long as their hearts are in the right place, as long as they do their best and try their hardest, it doesn't really matter which path they take. They believe somehow they will end up in a good place.

This passage provides insight into our tendency to disconnect direction from destination ...

Proverbs 7:6-27 - Solomon described an encounter he witnessed from the vantage point of his upstairs window. Note the number of times the word "path" appears.

Self-examination ...

1. Are there disconnects in my life?

2. Are there discrepancies between what I desire in my heart and what I am doing with my life?

3. Is there alignment between my intentions and my direction?

No comments: