Monday, September 8, 2008

Divine Vision

Yesterday we kicked off the new Fall Semester of small groups at RCC. It's been great to see things get underway again and I'm thrilled with the excitement and enthusiasm our church family has when we return from the Summer break.

Last night at our Small Group Leadership Training I asked us as leaders to consider what kind of a vision the Lord would give us for our small groups in the coming months. In that talk I shared some qualities of divine vision that I thought I'd include here too. They are from John Maxwell's Leadership Bible notes ...

Divine Vision …

1. It is not discovered or created, but revealed.
2. It doesn’t compete with others, but completes others.
3. It is captivating, not optional. You can’t get it out of your mind.
4. Its goal is to meet needs.
5. Its success depends on serving others.
6. It stops me before it drives me to act.
7. Its fulfillment rests on simple obedience.
8. Its purpose is to glorify God!

Great stuff! I hope you will be able to see the divine vision God has for you personally.

No comments: